Friday, November 30, 2007

Hero of the day

Haven't been writing much. But I guess today is something worth writing about.

I've been sick since thursday. Wednesday was Marcus's birthday. We pelted him with water balloons and after that had a very nice lasagna and spaghetti made by Darren, and a super nice chocolate cheesecake by Sarah. Yum.

But on thursday morning, woke up with this super crappy sore-throat, that turned into a raging fever on thursday. Thankfully, I only worked a couple of hours on Thursday as it was training against for Fry's. I took 2 days off from Melbourne Uni. Although Melbourne Uni pays so much better. All for the saturday work. :P But I reckon it'll pay off itself eventually.

Was pretty sick on Thursday, so I sat in for 3.5 hours, and then took a day off on Friday because didn't feel like going, although on Friday my fever was mostly gone, but still had a awful sore-throat and was yaking out phlegm all day.

Haha, the crazy part was I went for Friday's overnight prayer. We prayed from 10pm to 6am. I stayed the entire time. Praying that I don't get sick! But it was awesome. Although I was seeking for a manifested presence of God, but God's presence was still there. Didn't really cried.. or wait... maybe I did. But yeah, we worshiped, we prayed in tongues continually, and just had a great time fellowshipping and praying amongst brothers and sisters of Christ.

The heroes were definitely the people who came to pray. I'm so blown-away by the turnout. Although there was close to 300 people that the room was just bursting at its seams during the first watch, which was 10pm to midnight. But people started leaving soon after. Finally by around 6am, there was still about 150+ people. Which is still very amazing, it's still very encouraging to see so many people turnout for prayer and lasting about 8 hours of prayer!

Haha, We had 3 breaks in between, a break every 2 hours for 20 minutes. So technically prayer and worship was about 7 hours, with 1 hour break. But it's good and necessary. Some of the funniest scenes were girls falling asleep while praying. They get into this praying poster, squatting or kneeling on the ground, with their head down... and zzzzz. Lol.

Yeah, so finally it finished at 6am sharp. Went home, took a shower, I was sweating so much, that my jeans was soaking. I drank up to 3 bottles of water. The room was not well ventilated, we had fans on all the doors, it wasn't super stuffy, but it did get warm at times.

Slept for about 1.5 hours, and now here I am at work in Fry's self storage. It's 10:25am. Praying for time to pass by quickly, so I can go home and continue by good well-earned rest! Oh, I lost my voice! Haha.

No comments: