Monday, October 22, 2007

Miss being a full-time student

You know what, woke up today with a somewhat dreading feeling.

I kinda miss being a full-time student. Yeah. I mean, its great to have a job, at times it is somewhat fulfilling that I am independent, nearly absolutely independent from my parents bar my exam fee's. I can survive on my own, although it is tiring at times, especially the mondays where I used to work 9-5, then class from 5:30-8:30, and even the urban life core meetings till 11pm. They used to be a bit mad.

But come towards the end of the semester right now, I feel as if, I'm dreading it a little. The feeling of needing a holiday or a break after a while. Theoretically, I've been working nearly non-stop since January I reckon. I could use a holiday off work. Right now i'm thinking whether I should take next week off to study for my exams. Hmm.

THe unfortunate part is that my workplace is so so severely short-staffed. I feel it is somewhat irresponsible, or rather a bit selfish of me to do so. I mean, I can do it if I want to because I am a casual, but at the same time, the money is good as well. I might take the wednesday off to study for my exam paper on thursday. Yeah I reckon I should just take a day off.

Aside from that, my current emotions towards work is a bit slumpish. Mainly due to the understaff and workload. Like last week on monday was a big hitter. I was meant to do my assignment presentation but at the same time there was this really huge assignment submission that came in. Something like 200+ legal ethics papers which I had to process single-handedly. Was quite awful sometimes to do everything alone by yourself. It really saps and ruins your day.

It's the little things that eats into you throughout the week. But I thank God for the recharge on Sundays :D

No comments: